- What is Flint? Flint is the FIRST, TECH-ENABLED Philippine real estate crowdfunding platform. Powered by SeedIn, South East Asia’s largest Business Financing Platform, the Flint platform is made exclusively for investors who like to invest in Philippine real estate properties exclusively brokered by ReMAX PREMIER (Philippines), one of the top real estate franchises in the country.
Information about the available properties in Flint is supported by Signet Properties, a leading tech-focused real estate property listing site in the Philippines.
- What is Flint’s business model? In a recent social media survey, around 91% of Filipino respondents said they are held back in investing in a real estate property because of the huge financial commitment needed to fully own one.
Flint has partnered with SeedIn and ReMAX Philippines to help provide real estate investment opportunities for first-timers on a budget or investors who like to diversify their investment capital.
Here’s how we do it:
- Flint builds, develops and maintains a tech-abled platform powered by Seedin PH’s efficient financial system, which supports Flint’s crowdfunding ecosystem. Seedin PH has five years of experience as a business financing platform and has raised and facilitated over Php7.3 billion worth of funds.
- ReMAX Philippines brokers income-generating and/or capital gaining real estate properties in Flint’s pre-funded portfolio.
- How is Flint different from other crowdfunding platforms?
Traditionally, crowdfunding platforms require all investors to achieve an aggregate amount to fund the investment of a real estate property. Most of the time, it takes a while for the funding to come through. In some cases, funding may not come through at all.
At Flint, we have pre-funded all real estate properties in our real estate portfolio. This means users can quickly purchase a share of the real estate property (or more) regardless of whether or not total Flint user investment has reached the investment amount of the property selected. Moreover, pre-funding the properties allows Flint to secure higher interest rates and accelerate investment closing so users can earn the interest quickly.
- How do you choose the properties you offer in Flint? Using aggregate big data from existing online, offline data and industry data, we will identify the properties that garner the most eyes, engagement, clicks, and interest. Other criteria include rental rates, equity rates, and other industry data that determine the property’s income and equity viability.
Our strategic partner ReMax also provides additional industry insight about the properties to be included in our portfolio.
- How does investing in Flint work?
Step 1: Register.
A user needs to register using a valid email address and a verified contact number.
A validation email will be sent to the email address provided to confirm their account creation in Flint.
We recommend users to provide a contact number that our Customer Support can use for account verification.
Step 2: Get Verified.
The user will be shown to a page where it will request clear scans of 2 valid IDs and proof of billing.
Valid IDs are the following as recommended by the Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas (Central Bank of the Philippines) under the provisions of Circular No. 564 dated 3 April 2007:
- Driver’s License
- Professional Regulation Commission (PRC) ID – National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) Clearance – Police Clearance
- Postal ID
- Voter’s ID
- Barangay Certification
- Government Service Insurance System (GSIS) e-Card – Social Security System (SSS) Card
- Senior Citizen Card
- Overseas Workers Welfare Administration (OWWA) ID – OFW ID
- Seaman’s Book
- Alien Certification of Registration/Immigrant Certificate of Registration
- Government Office and GOCC ID, e.g. Armed forces of the Philippines (AFP ID), Home Development Mutual Fund (HDMF ID) – Certification from the National Council for the Welfare of Disabled Persons (NCWDP)
- Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD) Certification
- INTEGRATED BAR OF THE PHILIPPINES ID
- COMPANY IDs ISSUED BY PRIVATE ENTITIES OR INSTITUTIONS REGISTERED WITH OR SUPERVISED OR REGULATED EITHER BY THE BSP, SEC OR IC
Foreigners should also provide proper identification as prescribed.
After proper identification has been submitted, Customer Support will get in touch with the user if the credentials are a good fit to discuss investing in Flint and to explain the next procedures. The more information the user provides to our Customer Support during the assessment, the higher the user’s chances of getting verified.
Your financial profile determined from the verification process will also determine the number of projects you will have access to invest in. As such, not all verified Flint users will have the same, exact list of projects for Available Investment.
All information provided to Flint is strictly private and confidential according to applicable data privacy laws.
Step 3: Start Investing.
Customer Support will provide a follow-up email once the user’s account as been verified. A link in the email will direct the user to the login page.
The user will also be provided access to the Flint real estate portfolio for browsing and selection:
- Who can invest via Flint? The minimum age requirement for legal purposes is 18 years old.
Foreigners and foreign-born investors can invest in Flint if there are no legal issues, precedents, or any other special circumstances that prohibit them so, and have passed account verification by our Customer Support team.
- I saw the property that I’d like to invest in. What’s next? Simply click Invest on any of the projects in the Available Investments page or on the actual Project information page itself.
- What if I want to invest in a property that is not on the list? Can I make a request? Flint pre-funds properties that we determine to have investment growth potential. Our Customer Support will be happy to receive such requests, but we cannot guarantee if your recommendation will be included in our portfolio.
- What proof of ownership will I get once my investment goes through? You will receive a certification of investment via email.
- What if I did not pass verification?
At Flint, our mission is to make real property ownership easy and earn passive income quickly. As such, we are committed to providing our users with better access to real estate investment opportunities.
While you still have an account with Flint. However, you will not have the ability to view our real estate portfolio.
You may, however, invest through someone who has a verified account with Flint. Ownership and other legal precedents regarding your investment via a verified “representative” should be worked out between you and that representative. Flint and its partners and owners will be exempted from any liabilities arising from your investment via a verified “representative.”
- How should I pay my investment in Flint? Flint is powered by Seedin’s financial system. After agreeing to the necessary legal statements pertaining to the investment during the process online, the user will be brought to a payment gateway. The payment gateway accepts payment via major credit cards or PayPal.
- How do I file a claim? In Dashboard, the user needs to click the Claim tab on the right to withdraw idling credits. The claim amount will be processed via our Seedin-powered payments gateway.. Once the claim has been processed, an email will be sent to the user to notify and inform the transfer of the claim amount to the user’s bank.
- What if there is a downturn in the economy? Can I get my money back? At Flint, we ensure that investment opportunities are well suited for our users. While we are unable to predict trends in the economy, Flint has contingency plans and legal mechanisms to ensure minimum impact from such economic risks.
Regardless, we encourage our users to review all information provided online, any legally-binding contract or statement to understand their investment participation.
- How secured is your platform? All information provided to Flint is strictly private and confidential according to applicable data privacy laws.
Our platform, built, developed and managed by our in-house development team, utilizes measures to ensure the safety and security of your account and compliance to applicable Data Privacy laws and regulations.
Moreover, our platform is powered by Seedin PH. Seedin PH has facilitated over Php7.3 billion worth of funds, and continue to do so with their top-notch financial system in the last five years
@ Signet Properties
Unit 601, The Infinity Commercial Tower,
26th Street, Taguig 1630