If there’s a silver lining to the lockdown, it’s that it accelerated the growth of e-commerce in the Philippines.
NielsenIQ stated that online shopping transactions have grown over 325% during this period, and there’s no end in sight. More and more Filipinos are turning to the digital economy to build a business.
Unfortunately, while there are many resources about e-commerce in general, there are precious few specific to the Philippines. Starting an e-commerce business in the United States or other western markets is, of course, different from doing so in the Philippine context. There are nuances to every aspect of doing business here, and e-commerce is no exception.
It is this gap that inspired the editorial team of Bookshelf PH to write The E-Hustle: What the Country’s Best Digital Leaders Can Teach You About Launching and Growing Your Online Business. The book features insights from the leaders who built the e-commerce infrastructure in the Philippines, including logistics, payments, and distribution channels; top online brands; and subject matter experts in relevant skills.
Featured leaders include:
- Steve Sy – Founder and CEO of Great Deals E-Commerce Corporation
- Charles Ryan Sy – President and CEO of Dropify
- Dannah Majarocon – Managing Director of Lalamove PH
- Martha Sazon – President and CEO of GCash
- Dino Araneta – Founder of QuadX
- Martin Yu – Director of Shopee Philippines
- Nina Ellaine Dizon-Cabrera – CEO of Colourette Cosmetics
- Kim Lato – CEO of Kimstore
- Ben Wintle – Founder and CEO of Booky
- Ace Gapuz – CEO of Blogapalooza
- Hiyasmin Neri-Soyao – Co-Founder and CEO of Shoppertainment LIVE Inc.
- Francis Plaza – Co-Founder and CEO of PayMongo
- Mario Domingo – Founder of Neural Mechanics Inc. and DARC Labs
- Agnes Gervacio – CEO of MDI Novare
- Zen Han – Vice President for National Sales of OPPO Philippines
- Stefano Fazzini – Co-Founder and CEO of MetroMart
- Michael McCullough – Founder of KMC Solutions